The Purpose of Master in Urban Design
- Organizing master program using a research-based praxis design approach that can stimulate sensitivity to the dynamics of urban problems to formulate practical urban design solutions.
- Organizing master program that leads to the mastery of analytical-synthetic skills in designing urban form and space by considering the sustainability of urban activities to form urban places and the mastery of urban management skills in responding to the dynamics of urban development on a local, regional, and global scale.
- Developing urban design study with the local character of the archipelago (Nusantara).
Master in Urban Design as a distinguished center of knowledge with local character and a research-based praxis approach to creating a spatial layout and form of a sustainable built environment as a solution to dynamic urban problems.
- Educating students to be able to identify the dynamics of urban problems and formulate solutions for a better urban design;
- Conducting a study on the diversity of the built environment with local archipelago (Nusantara) characteristic, which has become the identity of the study program and the core substance of study;
- Carrying out community service through the practice of urban design according to the problems that exist in the field;
- Taking an active role in making Indonesian cities the references for urban design on a regional and global scale.